[Gpdd] Announcement...May God smile on you as you cross the Bridge

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 00:58:35 EDT 2003

I often wondered over the last several months, I often wondered if any good
could come from the lack of reading the GPDD every day. Today I found that
reason. For months my heart did not move my eyes to tears as it did all too often
when reading this newsletter on a daily basis. This epiphany came to me as I
read the beautiful tribute the beloved Chunky written by his mother. Reading
about his adventures and his loving ways be it with people or with his own,
especially the "quieter" ones that needed him so, I could not help but think about
my boy and how one day I too will have to face that same good-bye. I guess
what saddened my heart more was how long this poor little guy had to suffer
through his illness before crossing over the bridge. There is nothing ANY of us
wouldn't do to help our little guys live even another hour, but there comes a
time when that hour can only serve to make his or her suffering last another
lifetime. So in helping Chunky cross over the bridge in the way that was shared
with all of us through the most beautiful tribute, was a blessing for this
little miracle who gave all the love he could have until he was able to wave
good-bye from that bridge that we all shall look forward to at some time in OUR
lives. And though our little ones are truly small in stature, they are large
enough to make a heart burst with happiness with their antics and to darken never
thought to see the light again in their passing. And if there is ONE thing
that reading the tribute written by Chunky's mother let that be in it's very last
line.  "Love your Piggies ALL you can!!!" this day and every day you are
blessed with them. And as I have said all too often but never enough...Love them
today as though it were their last, when you see that fresh head of Romaine or
Red Head lettuce and think...what a nice salad that would make. Get it but not
for YOUR salad...surprise your little guy with a meal bigger than him, and
above ALL thank God for allowing you this one more day when your heart can
smile. God Bless you Chunky, and when a little guy named George comes across that
bridge, take him under your wing and show him the bestest parsley and basil
patch...and tell him his daddy told you to watch over him until he gets there.

Sincerely...

Joe Petrillo, George the guinea pigs father