[Gpdd] MISC. Re: NO FLY PIGS

zcan at comcast.net zcan at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 20:19:27 EDT 2003

Hi-
A few years back, someone mentioned that they flew with their piggies
in the cabin, with proper reservations and all (quite nec. for animals)
for a *rabbit*. Story was: the airline personnel hardly looked in the
carrier and one who did commented on the unusual looking rabbit. This
person said it was a rare breed, or something like that. Heh heh. I
suppose these days, NOTHING goes unnoticed at the airport. And of
course, one would risk not being able to make the flight if the piggies
couldn't go.  (I also have a friend whose father put her hamster in his
sport jacket pocket when they made a plane trip …long time ago. Tee
hee, can't you see a little nose with whiskers peeking out?)

I *do* know that a friend of mine flew to FL with her piggies within
the past couple of years. You have to check the rules of each airline
specifically.

I don't understand the airlines reason for denying rodents. Can anyone
explain?

Heidi, with Lily and Jodie on her lap,
and Shelby, Zeke, and Zoe Rose in her heart