[Gpdd] [Behavior]Guinea Pig licking my nose

Tina Irish tlou at maine.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 18:32:40 EDT 2003

Hello Everybody,

I'm brand new to GPDD.  My subscription is about a week old and I've
been eagerly checking in and reading my GPDD e-mail daily.  A am the
proud human companion to a very personable guinea pig by the name of
Bubble.  Bubble and I are (hopefully) getting to know each other well.
I do have some questions regarding guinea pig body language.  I have
been able to search the GPDD archives for answers to my questions and
have been very lucky in every way but one; what does it mean when
Bubble licks my nose?  Bubble "popcorns", "wheeks", and "chirps" in a
purr like fashion, she also licks my fingers and nose ending sometimes
by grazing her teeth lightly across my skin.  I am hoping that this is
a good sign but if it is not, I would like to know what she is trying
to communicate to me so I can stop doing what ever the heck she doesn't
like.  I look forward to hearing from anyone who speaks pig! :)

Tina in Maine