[Gpdd] Milky eye wash is good/"bonus claw" is NOT

Naomi Radford radford.10 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:47:35 EDT 2003

Hi all,

The reason some of you are seeing a milky substance in your piggies eyes
sometimes is because all pigs secrete this.  It is a substance they use to
not only clean their eyes, but their face as well.  The only thing you
should be worried about is if you see sticky stuff or yellow stuff, or puss
type stuff around their eyes.

And I've read a number of posts talking about foot bumps, or what looked
like poop stuck, or a "bonus claw", these are most likely spurs.  They are
painful to some pigs, but no matter if painful or not they should be
clipped.  Please refer to the link below to see if this matches what your
pigs foot looks like.  It will also give you info on how to clip them.
http://www.guinealynx.info/feet.html#spurs  You may need to click on the
SPURS link.  And if you have anymore questions, feel free to email me, my
Jonah suffers from spurs as well.

Bonnie