[Gpdd] HEALTH: Patches not eating

Naomi Radford radford.10 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 29 15:08:12 EDT 2003

You need to get him back to the vet, but probably a different vet!  Doesn't
sound like the one you went to is very "cavy savvy", or he would have had
you get your pig back in there ASAP when you said it stopped eating and
drinking!  This sounds like an upper respiratory thing to me, not saying
that it couldn't be due to the infection, but there are many roads to not
eating and drinking and none of them are good.  He needs a good dose of
baytril if you ask me, possibly a shot if he is already that bad.  When they
stop eating and drinking they go downhill fast!  Do you know any exotic vets
that take emergency calls?  Please visit www.guinealynx.com and sign up,
there you will be able to write into the emergency medical forum and get
some great answers!

Bonnie