[Gpdd] [Care] Distilled Water

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 10:34:40 EDT 2004

Hi fellow slaves,
I just wanted to put my two cents in about distilled water.
Drinking lots of distilled water is truly harmful to humans so why give it to your guinea pig? If a human drinks only distilled water instead of whatever he or she usually drinks all day long, he or she will certainly get seriously sick. If a guinea pig gets distilled water and lots of vegetables the guinea pig will not be so much affected, since there is much water in vegetables and the guinea pig will most probably eat that instead of drinking the distilled water.
I give my guinea pigs spring water because that is what I drink.  Our water here is gross and they put too much chemicals in it.

Lisa