[Gpdd] [MISC] <sad thing happened at work>

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Wed Apr 7 14:42:14 EDT 2004

Lauren-
That must be terribly frustrating, to say the least,
seeing things like the man buying the cedar chips,
undoubtedly for his child's gp. If he actually
owned it himself, he would love it and want only
the best for it. People like that should be treated
like a shoplifter in the store - warn them inside,
then nab them when they try to leave with the
wrong thing! (or shot!)
I think of this every time I'm in any store that
sells pet supplies and bedding. Every time I look
at those bags of cedar shavings, I wish I could
take them all off the shelf, or at least post a
warning not to use them with gp/s. And you say
hammy's, too? You know, I just believe I will
print up some simple little notices to warn
people. If the management doesn't want to
cooperate, I'll put them up anyway.
It might also be a good idea to post a notice
on bulletin boards anywhere animal friends
might be. What other animals are affected by
it, and what animals can use it?  This is
something we all can do, and maybe make a
little bit of a dent. Maybe here and there
the media might help out, like a local tv
or newspaper.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Susi and the OP's