[Gpdd] Re: (CARE) Piggies with Hamsters

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Mon Apr 12 23:00:28 EDT 2004

Hi Lauren:  I know that I would never put a hamster in with my piggies.  My
sister had either hamersters or gerbiles (I do not remember which it was)
and we found that they are cannibalistic and I was awful.  I believe that
the best thing is to get another piggie for a companion rather than another
type of animal.  I've not found another pet that will be really safe to put
with them.  They are just to fragile to take the chance.

Everyone has been talking about cranberry juice and I have a question.  A
friend of mine has to be careful what she eats/drinks due to having had
kidney stones.  She said that her doctor said she should not drink cranberry
juice because it can cause stones.  She told me this after telling her that
I was giving my piggies some to help keep them from getting UTIs.  My
question is that has anyone else heard this and is this something that I
should worry about.  I've not given them any recently because of this.
Angel loves it and I hate not giving her any if I do not worry about this.

By if I haven't mentioned it before I have finally picked names for my 2 new
piggies.  The chocolate one who was born January 7th is named Stinky Pooh
and the beautiful neutered male (9-10 months) is named Tigger.  I will tell
you more about them later.

Loving wheeeeeeks to all.
Mary D. (mom to angel, stinky and tigger)
mldstretch at toltbbs.com