[Gpdd] [CARE] Picky Eater

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 09:56:09 EDT 2004

Hi fellow friends:

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their care and concern for Spike
and my recent losses of Romeo, Latte, and Hershey.  You are all very sweet.  I
tried to visit the "Rainbow Bridge" tribute page, but couldn't get through it
without crying.  I'll give that some time.  Your suggestions of how and where
to find piggies have been valuable.  I seem to have a "picky" eater on my
hands, and that is why I am posting this.  Before I was a member and realized the
problems that could occur, I fed my piggies spinach, apple, and carrots.
Spike has changed his preferences in diet over the past couple of weeks.  (I have
ordered and received from Oxbow, pellets and hay.)  If he had his way, all he
would eat would be carrots and parsley.  I realize those are not very good,
and I believe too much of anything is not good either.  I have tried him on
Kale, green beans, cantalope, and orange - all of which he will not eat.  The
little booger even ran from the piece of cantalope!!  So in addition to the hay
and pellets, and excluding carrot, parsley, spinach, orange, cantalope, and
Kale, (I know, his dislike list is rather long!) please send me some suggestions
of what to try.  What (good for them) things do you piggies like to eat?
Thanks for your help!
Donna and Spike