[Gpdd] HEALTH:Something spreading on ear

Tricia Porter portertg at cableone.net
Sat Apr 17 19:26:19 EDT 2004

Help!  We just got two guinea pigs two weeks ago (both girls).  They've
been adapting very well to their new home.  Yesterday, I noticed
something light gray at the base of one ear and looking like it was
spreading up the ear with the veining.  Today, the gray has doubled in
size and is moving up the ear.  I called my dog vet and found out that
they have one person who knows anything about guinea pigs and that
person only works once in awhile, like next Friday.  As fast as the gray
stuff is spreading, next Friday isn't soon enough.  Does anyone have any
idea what this might be and how to treat it?