[Gpdd] Behavior: Questions about 3 male babies

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 18:06:30 EDT 2004

Dawnda writes: <<< They are only a week old today, and they are all
following Katie and Brandi around sniffing butts and
rumblestruting. They are making me nervous! I know you
are suppose to be able to leave them 3 or 4 weeks with
their mother. >>>

Hi Dawnda,
       I had to laugh about the new babies looking like males!  :)  I'd
certainly try keeping the boys together but separate them from their Mum at 3
wheeeks. I wouldn't wait until 4 wheeeks.
       My 3 adult males leave "next door" to each other, and, had they been
the same age and especially brothers, I would have housed them together until
something happened that would indicate it wouldn't work. Wilson and Ebeneezer
WoollyBear share a cage and they were brought together when they were several
months old. I started out with 3 cages side by side, now just have the two for
the "Three Jolly Rodents." They do all share playtime, Karate kicks and all!
:)
       I've known of several people who housed 3 male brother together and it
worked well. I suppose its an individual thing.
       I haven't made my "big announcement" here on the gpdd yet, but will!
Anyway, last night I thought that one of the newly adopted babies was a girl
and the other a boy. I was all "comfluxtorated!" So I know how nervous such
things can make us!
       Thanks for the info on using the hamsters as GPs for scrapbooking. How
clever of you!

Alge and the 3 Jolly Rodents (+ newbies  <---- to be announced  :)