[Gpdd] HEALTH: Worms?

Brad Ellis ellis_chiphi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 18:14:29 EDT 2004

Hello all:

When I was changing Bob's cage today I noticed that there were several worms under the bedding of his hide-a-way.  This has never happened before.  This past week I put some straw in his and Muse's cages as well as some oat hay that I just picked up last week.  Since I noticed I have closely monitored Bob's BM and I have not seen any worms, nor has Bob lost any weight in the last week or had a change in appetite.  Two questions then:  Has anyone ever had a problem with worms in any straw or hay?  Also, these don't look like the small white worms that I've seen dogs or cats get, has anyone ever had a problem with their guinea pigs getting worms/ worms in bedding etc.?

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Brad

Friend to Silent Bob and Muse, remembering my tough girl Oreo