[Gpdd] Re: RESCUE - Guinea Pigs need help

Donna Lenz dlenz at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 12 12:28:55 EDT 2004

If you know of anyone who can help - please forward this - Thanks!

Fwd: Guinea Pig Rescue-- please network--- SURRENDERS FROM CRUELTY CASE
                                                                      Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:10:27 EDT

                                     CROSSPOSTING ONLY
           PLEASE NETWORK WITH YOUR RESCUE CONTACTS
               ORIGINATOR REQUESTING  CROSSPOST BROADLY

LOCATION; DURHAM, CONNECTICUT
CONTACTS: AMY OR CINDY amiableanimals at nycap.rr.com

The Critter Connection
www.critter.petfinder.org

Guinea Pig Rescue

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:36:28 EDT

PLEASE CROSSPOST

Hi, I am located in Connecticut and have a guinea pig rescue.  Two
situations have arisen and we could use some help.  I know that many of you
are busy with cats, dogs, and other critters but if you have room or know
anyone that wants to foster please contact myself or Amy at
amiableanimals at nycap.rr.com.

Back in the spring 240 (numbers growing because of pregnant females) guinea
pigs were seized and are part of a cruelty case.  214 of these have been
released and need to move ASAP.  Just the other day 150 (numbers growing
because of pregnant females) guinea pigs were removed from a farm in New
York where they were kept in a barn and allowed to breed.  These guinea
pigs need to be placed immediately.  6 weeks ago there was another owner
surrender of guinea pigs to the SPCA in Concord New Hampshire.  Count at
this moment is 52 and still growing.  All of the New Hampshire pigs have
been placed between 4 rescues, myself included.  Now we need to help these
almost 500 guinea pigs and still leave room in our rescues for the local
ones.

If anyone has room and can help please contact us or if anyone can foster
please let us know.  Also we are in desperate need of cages, hay, bedding
and fresh veggies.  Any help at all will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Cindy
The Critter Connection
www.critter.petfinder.org