[Gpdd] Re:CARE - hay and neutering

JULIE JACOB jcstepmom28 at msn.com
Sun Aug 15 19:27:32 EDT 2004

I've had my boar neutered and it was done about 11 weeks, as soon as he got to be one pound my vet said.  I've heard varyin opinons about age like wait till 6 months etc, but I also read somewhere that the earlier it's done the less problems they will have with impaction.  I've also heard 3 weeks on the wait to be with the girls, but again I went with my vet and waited about 10 days till he healed.

Luck you with the timothy hay!  I just had some shipped in since I am in Kansas and I've checked with all the nearby ag agents and feed stores and they tell me no way.  So it's either the pet store or order in bulk, I saved $3 a pound even after paying shipping!

I'd LOVE to get a skinny pig, they look so cute and unusual!  So if anyone knows of any shelter or rescue skinnies near Kansas let me know!

Julie and the magnifcent SEVEN.....Brillo, TwinkieMan, Penelope, Rose, Princess, Beauty and Red!