[Gpdd] HEALTH sick Windex

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 13:49:37 EDT 2004

Hi Marielle,
poor little Windex! You are right, it is very important that he doesn't
dehydrate which can happen very fast with a piggy. You can try to squirt 2 ml water
with a tiny syringe in the side of his mouth every four hours. I would also
try to syringe feed him with pumpkin pie filling even if he eats on his own. It
sounds like he needs to get used to it. You might want to try to hold him in
a towel if he is too squirmy. If you can put the syringe in the side of his
mouth past the incisors he needs to swallow. Just hope that it doesn't end up in
his lungs. I have heard that giving piggies shots of baytril instead of
orally is much better for them because it bypasses the digestive system, and it
doesn't upset their stomache that way. Good luck with that. Let us know how he is
doing.
Marion, Poly and Sweetie.