[Gpdd] MISC. - "Holiday" event

pkduffy at comcast.net pkduffy at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 13:23:31 EST 2004

Hello all.  I assume we have folks on the list who are not Christian and do not celebrate Christmas (but instead Hanukkah, Kwanza or nothing at all) but would nonetheless like to participate in the "secret santa" event.  Perhaps we should be more conscientious about calling things "holiday..." instead of "Christmas..."  Just a suggestion.

Of course my pig Guinness chooses to believe in the ancient Egyptian religion where there was animal worship. In fact, Guinness often tells me that the early predynastic tribes venerated their own particular gods, who were usually embodied in a whole species of animal.  When I remind him that, in fact, it was animals such as cats and bulls, not guinea pigs, that were considered sacred, he looks at me as if I am crazy and goes into his pigloo.  Silly pig.

And thanks to Lisa for taking the time to coordinate the whole thing.

Priscilla

p.s. I caught Guinness going through the PetsMart circular on Sunday, circling items...