[Gpdd] Honey update

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Mon Dec 6 22:06:38 EST 2004

Hi all,

Honey had an ultrasound and consultation with two vets today.  Her left lung
is not functioning, so she is breathing with one lung.  This we knew.  What
we did find is her heart is involved, too.  The sack around her heart is
full of what looks like infection to the vet.  It might be a viral pneumonia
which don't respond to antibiotics.

On the good side she gained 50 grams since her last visit in November.  The
vet is trying a different antibiotic, Doxycycline along with the Lasix.
They were not optimistic about her prognosis.  Dr. Crowell expects her heart
to give out at some point, but didn't think we should 'put her to sleep' as
long as she is eating and seems happy.  So we treat her with what medicines
might help, give her lots of love, and maybe a piggie miracle will happen.

Thanks for all your good wishes, and email help, for us and Honey through
her struggle for health.  Thanks to Marci of the Have-a-Heart GP rescue for
getting her this far.

Dee and Joe