[Gpdd] CARE: pneumonia (for Frankie)

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Tue Dec 7 20:16:54 EST 2004

Dawn, we're so sorry that Frankie has pneumonia, and we hope he will make a
full recovery.  It's good that you are giving him probiotics, but we just
wanted to caution that they shouldn't be given within two hours of giving
him his Baytril and his other antibiotic.  You probably already know this,
but if probiotics are given too soon before or after antibiotics, they can
lessen the effectiveness of the antibiotics.

How sweet that Frankie is so good about being fed.  If you haven't, you
might also give him Pedialyte when you feed him.  It will add nutrition and
help keep him hydrated.

Have you tried putting a humidifier/vaporizer in his room?  It might help
his breathing.  Just make sure it's not too close to him so he doesn't
become damp with the mist.

HTH,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed