[Gpdd] rainbow bridge: Max

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 21:29:16 EST 2004

Hi guys. I am sad to announce that my Maximillian (Max) died peacefully in his sleep today at the ripe old age of 6 and weighing over 3 lbs! He was my very first piggie, and I adopted him from the Knoxville Guinea Pig rescue when he was 3 years old. The first 3 years of his life were horrible. He lived outside at a breeders facility, and was rescued by Jan, the wonderful woman who runs the Knoxville GP rescue. He had anal impaction, mites, etc. She nursed him back to health, then listed him on Pet finders. I saw his photo and fell in love. I made the almost 2 hour drive to pick him up (from Chattanoonga, TN) He has been such a big part of my life. He loved his treats (Tomatoes, red leaf lettuce, parseley etc) and always had plenty of Timothy hay to munch on. He loved to be held and scratched on the bridge of his nose. I noticed last night that he wasn't eating much or drinking any water. He was supposed to see the vet today, but he died peacefully in his sleep with his elderly
 cagemate, Emory, snuggled up next to him. He was the one that sparked my love for piggies, and I now have a herd (a spoiled herd) They seem subdued tonight, as if they sense his passing, even though they are all seperated in pairs.  I am so sad, not the usual silly woman who writes silly piggie songs. I am the same person who wrote the saga of the three little flea market piggies and lost Spirit after only 2 weeks. I have lost 2 piggies in 6 months, I am sad. Thank you guys for always being there for me and all the other slaves out there. Please light a candle for the elderly Max tonight.
Love and wheeks,
Erin Simmons