[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: condolences

calliope at geeksnet.com calliope at geeksnet.com
Fri Dec 10 23:44:06 EST 2004

Carrie, we are so very sorry to hear that your newest rescue piggie,
Charlie, passed away after only being with you a week.  Yes, it's certainly
possible that his previous owners didn't tell you about health problems he
might have had.  Please know, though, that the last week of his life was a
happy one.  It was very touching to read that he loved his timothy hay.
Obviously he knew he had a good home with you and was enjoying himself.  It
sounds like he left this world peacefully, in his sleep.  We send our
condolences on his loss.

Erin, it was with sadness that we read of the passing of your Maximillian.
Thank you for sharing some of your memories of him, such as the treats he
enjoyed and how much he liked laptime.  He was so lucky that you adopted
him from the rescue shelter and that he was able to spend three happy years
with you.  We're so sorry that his passing came so soon after Spirit's, but
we know that Spirit welcomed Max at the Bridge.  How sweet, too, that Emory
stayed by Max's side as he left this world.  Yes, we are sure that your
piggies understand that Max is on the other side now; piggies are so
intuitive.  Please accept our condolences.

A. Mills, please accept our condolences on the passing of your texel.  We
are so sorry that he was only 18 months old when he died.  Yes, sometimes
piggies go downhill very quickly and suddenly leave us.  We are sure,
though, that he enjoyed his time with you.  On a happier note, we welcome
your new rex; he sounds very handsome.  Oh, are you in England?  We're not
sure if this is possible, but maybe the Cambridge Cavy Trust could do some
sort of consultations with a vet in your area if one of your piggies
becomes ill?

Our thoughts and prayers are with all sick piggies and their humans.

Sadly,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed