[Gpdd] HEALTH: Tacoma

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Mon Dec 20 22:44:46 EST 2004

Hi,

Joe and I took Tacoma to the vet tonight.  He hasn't been eating and is
lethargic.

The vet checked him over and didn't find much.  His mouth and teeth were
okay.  He was dehydrated so she gave him sub-Q fluids and vit C.  He has a
mild infection in one eye so we have ointment for that.

Her advice was to give him Metacam for his arthritis,  vit. C, and syringe
extra food and water into him.  She knew about Oxbow and Critical Care, but
I prefer to mix my own up.  My piggies don't like the taste of CC.  If he
gets dehydrated again I can bring him in for more sub-Q, or she will show me
how to do it at home.  I don't think I could stick him with a needle and
cause him pain.

He is 6 years and 8 months old, and except for the arthritis has always been
healthy.  I told him he had to make it to seven, so he better get well.  He
ate some supper tonight, but not much.  We are not going to let him give up
without a fight!

Dee