[Gpdd] MISC Parachute Piggie

Pam Bowyer petra-nef at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 23 11:29:45 EST 2004

	Hi all,

	I received a letter from the Monroe County Humane Society about the case,
and I thought you'd all like to know what's happening:

	Thanks for your interest and concern for this case. It is very sad and
unfortunate. I can tell you that as it stands now, the individual being
charged is facing the IU Judiciary Board, the maximum penalty from Animal
Control for the city of Bloomington for abuse, which is a $500 ticket, and
the IU police department has filed official charges with the local
prosecutors' office.
At this point all but the IU portion of the charges have been turned over to
the prosecutors and are out of animal controls hands. Animal control did
file a report recommending criminal charges.
I think the best way to show support or help get the case tried is to
contact the Bloomington prosecutor's office to let them know how you feel.
Who knows if it would help, but it may.
Thanks so much!
SJH

Sarah J. Hayes
Executive Director
Monroe County Humane Association
p. 812.332.0123 | c. 812.369.1535 | f. 812.349.3440
mcha at bluemarble.net
monroehumane.org

	For the record, I really like the idea of community service for this
person, in an animal shelter or other related facility - *if* he could be
trusted to be kind to the animals and not do something horrible in revenge.
A paper on the subject is a great idea too. But I also think he needs to
have a fairly severe sentence, because it has to set a precedent for these
type of cases so that other college students won't think it's a hilariously
good idea.

Pam