[Gpdd] [CARE] <bathing smelly piggies AND RATS!!!>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 21:54:25 EST 2004

Once my piggies heal from surgery they will get their baths. I have bought a small litter pan and filled it with warm water and used puppy shampoo to bathe my two smelly rats, Mohawk and Velvet. Actually, that reminds me - does anyone have experience w/ rats and GPs interacting? My rats are very playful and naturally try to climb on top of and sniff everyone they meet. Unfortunately, this scares the crap out of the GPs, who lately have gotten one or two good bites out of the baby! So I keep them seperate. Velvet isn't interested in them, and they aren't in him. But Mo is obsessed w/ establishing "pecking order" with them - crucial in rat societies - he chases them around until they face him, at which point he bows his head and nuzzles into them in a "submissive" gesture, but the GPs, scared crapless, inflict painful bites! But he doesn't stop approaching them! So I think all hope for them getting along is lost. Oh, well. Enough of me exposing my animals to pain and psychological
 stress. It's a madhouse in here.
Lauren