[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: The passing of LIGHTENING

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 00:05:59 EST 2004

As I have always tried to do, I want to offer my sincere condolences to
Lighting family. He was a very bright little guy so his name certainly did befit
him. Although I pen entirely more of than I would like to regarding the passing
of our little loved ones, when I must speak of those like LIGHTNING, it
reaches into my heart and holds it tight, it reminds me of the pain all of those
parents of our beloved guinea pigs feel when THEY loose that member of the family
and the specter of those who worry every day about loosing theirs. LIGHTNING
was about the same age as our little guy, George and reminds me that specter
of his passing all the more real. LIGHTNING was truly more than just a guinea
pig, (as if there could ever be JUST a guinea pig), he knew how to train his
mommy and daddy as no other. I cannot help but wonder if the success LIGHTNING
had in training his parents OR his parents training him wasn't in fact the
evidence of the love they shred for each other. As I read how when him mother
talked to him for lengths of time and how he looked into her eyes as though paying
absolute attention, I thought, who of us has not done that. Who of us has not
looked into our little guys/girls eyes with them firmly planted in the center
of your chest. Who of us has not felt the love WE wanted them to feel at that
moment returned in their beautiful eyes. I say this because LIGHTING was
unique in so many ways as was Samoa and Panda and so many others who have passed
on but the one common thread every one of them is that love we have all felt
and exchanged. So the tears that fall are for that special love we will forever
miss and never ever forget and those cute little things they did will serve to
bring a smile to our hearts. The fact that he lived 5 good years in good
health and as a happy little piggy is a tribute to his mom, his dad and his big
brother. As surly as they gave him more than enough vegetables, water, treats
and hay, they have given him in ABSOLUTE abundance the LOVE that he KNEW was
only his from each of them. So be at peace LIGHTING and KNOW that your adventures
have been heralded by those that love you and will miss you. They will one
day see you again and you will once again feel that special pat and you will
once again be able to tell THEM as you did with your eyes how much you love and
missed them and how there are endless adventures ahead. Once again, I am truly
sorry to hear of your loosing such a special boy, LIGHTING, but it is not
forever. What IS FOREVER, is the love you have all shared with LIGHTING? THAT will
always open the bridge for you with him awaiting you with so much to tell you.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy