[Gpdd] Re: BREEDING

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 12:20:58 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/15/2004 12:01:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gpdd-request at gpdd.org writes:
I have just started out in the world of breeding guinea pigs and I am trying
to find people to supply my baby guinea pigs to. I have tried the local pet
shops but they already seem to have their own breeders. So if any one has
any suggestions they would be most appreiciated.
Yes. My biggest and most helpful suggestion is.. PLEASE DON'T BREED.

There are many reasons. I don't understand the thought process of breeding to
supply pet stores, or to supply anyone else for that matter.

Lisa, please read these before you continue on.. hopefully they will make you
rethink breeding your piggies. They are all written with a lot of thought and
information.

http://www.cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm

http://members.aol.com/homeforgps/advice/overpopulation.htm

http://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Springfield, VA
http://www.mgpr.org

Educator-in-Training, House Rabbit Society
MD/DC/NoVA Chapter
http://www.rabbitsinthehouse.org