[Gpdd] Health: Update on Lucy

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:54:55 EST 2004

Hi Piggies and Humans!

Lucy went in for her checkup on Saturday and the lump in her stomach seems
to be smaller, but the Vet found it hard to make a comparison because (drum
roll) Lucy has put on weight! Woohoo! So we are carrying on with another two
weeks of the same treatment in the hope that it is helping to break up the
lump. If we don't see any obvious improvement by then we may have to
consider that the lump might be something else (eep!) and then we have a few
it is, so I think that's a waste of time, Ultrasound, which the vet thinks
is overkill (whether due to the expense, difficulty or distress to the pig
I'm not sure, but if the situation comes up those questions will be asked)
or surgery to identify the problem and, if possible, take it out at the same
time.
I am much more comfortable with Lucy's chances of surviving surgery now than
I was a week ago as her appetite is so much better and she is not so
painfully skinny, still I hope it doesn't come to that.
Anyway, we have another two weeks of piglet wrangling and frequent feeds,
will keep you all updated.

Robyn, Lucy and Lexie.