[Gpdd] Breeding

Lisa Hawkins crash8685 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:55:28 EST 2004

I wrote to this daily digest the other day saying I had just gone into
breeding guinea pigs and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have
had heaps of emails telling me not to breed them and how uneconomical it is.

I would just like to point out a few things:
1. I am not in this for the money, it is just a hobby.
2. We have a sheep and crop farm and we always have plenty of spare fresh
food for the guinea pigs. We also graze our guinea pigs outdoors and they
all have their own houses outside. Which means it doesnt cost us anything to
feed them.
3. We live in New Zealand and we dont have homeless guinea pigs to the
extext you seem to.
4. It's not like we are going to start exporting these guinea pigs to the
USA.

So please stop the hate mail, surely you people have better things to do
with your time.