[Gpdd] re: [CARE] <Mr. Rumpy update>

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Wed Feb 18 18:20:52 EST 2004

I would really be hesitant to take him off the meds completely, especially if the vet said he would need three more weeks of it. I would call your vet and tell him about the poo's getting better off of the baytril, and asking him what he thinks and whether you should switch to a different med. Bcuz maybe the mushy poos could be like a side-effect of the medication, but I assume that the medication would be important if he was battling a liver infection. Is Mr. Rumpy also on a pro-biotic? I know that generally this is needed to counter the effect of the antibiotic destroying the "good" bacteria, which at least in humans is important in digestion. I'm glad to hear he's doing ok for now though!!
Piglet, Pooh Bear and slave Lauren