[Gpdd] FW:ANNOUNCEMENT - Thank You from Sarah S. & Little John (in loving memory)

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Wed Feb 18 20:05:13 EST 2004

This is a forwarded message. Please direct all replies to the original author.

Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT - Thank You from Sarah S. & Little John (in loving mem.)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004

Dear All,

It's been 4 weeks on Sunday since I lost my sweetest, 'scraggy little pig',
Little John (LJ).  I sent this posting several times over the past month
but with all the viruses, etc., it never reached the digest until now,
thanks to the assistance from the GPDD Administration (thanks Guys/Gals!).

So now I'm here at last, I would (somewhat belatedly) like to take a minute
to THANK YOU ALL for your sympathies, support and for sharing your own
experiences with me, all of which helped me through the immediate grief of
losing Little John.  I did try to personally email those who wrote directly
to me but please accept my sincere apologies if I didn't manage to reply.
All your efforts and care were and are very much appreciated!

I've mentioned to some of you already that LJ was buried under a small,
silver-leaved eucalyptus tree - a rather fitting tribute to a 'silver'
piggie who happened to look rather like a baby koala bear (eucalyptus is
the koala's favourite food!).  His photo is resplendent upon our
fire-mantle, so his little face is still there for me - he's definitely got
a little 'smile' going on too, bless him!!!

Although it is obviously always painful to remember such passings I'm sure
we would all agree that the love, laughter and memories our little ones
leave with us are truly special gifts, always to be remembered and
treasured.  It still hurts though.  Even today I shed a tear whilst helping
out at a Piggy/Rabbit rescue & boarding hostel.  I had to bathe some pigs
and one of them was a silver agouti rex - just like LJ - apart from the
piggy was a SHE and she was a BIG, round  pig, not a little 'scraggy little
pig' like LJ was.  Just seeing that silver hair made me cry and as there
was company around, I had to 'recover' pretty damn fast!!!  Still, amongst
those tears the love, laughter and memories of my Little John made me smile
again.  I'll stop waffling now!!!!

Well everyone, thanks again for the incredible support - you're the best!!!

Fond wishes to you and your piggies and every sympathy to those who have
lost their special ones - you're in my prayers.

Sarah S. & The Guys ('Dukey, Tribble, Monty, Tommy & Bramble-pig, with
fondest memories of my scraggy little pig, Little John (the 'Scragmeister'!)