[Gpdd] Care: dandelions?

Christina Asato lightningbolt at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:42:09 EST 2004

We feed our GP dandelion leaves, but not the from our yard.  I'm not sure about
scientific terms, but there are different types of dandelion. The dandelions in our yard have a white milky sap when the stem or leaf is broken and the leaves are often a purplish color. We also have another type that has pretty thorny leaf edges.

Our grocery store happens to carry a wide variety of greens in the produce section, which is where we buy the dandelions for our GP. The sap is not milky or sticky in any way,
and it's a healthy green color.

To be safe, I'd check to make sure that the type of dandelions in your yard is in fact the type that should be eaten by guinea pigs.

Christina, Adam and Panda Pig