[Gpdd] Care: dandelions?

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 19:04:36 EST 2004

Hi all,

Have read that many pigs love to eat dandelions or dandelion greens.  Does
that mean the common long leafed spiky dandelion weeds I find in my yard? I
would never feed them that unless someone with experience told me it is
okay. Would you give them just the leaves? If not from your yard, where
would you get them?

Also I realized a mistake on a recent post talking about the weights of my
pigs. I wasn't sure how to read the metric system on my kitchen scale. It
has both grams and kilos on there. So I thought grams sounded way too tiny,
I must have been thinking of milligrams. So it must be kilograms, right? and
I wrote to the digest expressing their weights as a thousand + kg. But then,
the same day at the doctors I weighed 50 kg. Now I laugh to think of these
giant 1000 kg guinea pigs towering above me and asking for romaine. I guess
it's grams. Uh, yeah! But wonder why the kitchen scales don't weigh in
milligrams too. That would be neat.

Thanks for sharing your dandelion info. It seems to be prime time for them
in Houston.

Carla, Snickers and Snowball (aka The fluffies)