[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] New Guineas - New Owner

Justin/Anne mailbox at homeofbradshaw.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 05:40:16 EST 2004

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the info. you provide. Please could
you help me to settle in 2 baby girl guineas? They were
6 weeks old when I got them 3 weeks ago and I don't
know where I am going wrong but they don't seem to
like me very much! When I approach their indoor cage
and go to stroke them they seem terrified still and try
to run and hide. One of them has now taken to hiding in the hay
the whole time. They will come out for grass, lettuce,etc. but
seem to submit to being stroked and don't seem relaxed or
as if they enjoy it. Also, altough they are sisters, they don't
seem to like each other much either and there is the noise of
squabbling constantly coming from the cage.
Please help, I need to know where I am going wrong?!!!??
I am not rough or loud with them, and I feel so sad that they
can't seem to settle in,

Thanks for your time,
Best wiskas, Annie (UK) xx