[Gpdd] health

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 20:01:09 EST 2004

I rescued a pig from a filthy breeder. Got carried away and built her a huge cube and coroplast cage, bought her toys, hay, the works. I put her in her new cage, went to bed thinking about what to name her. In the morning she was dead. She managed to get her head through one of the squares in the cube grid, and couldn't get it out. She must have panicked, because she broke her neck. I found her hanging from the inside side of her cage. It was horrible. So, although I have used the cube cages for years with my other piggies with no problems, they CAN be dangerous. Just thought those of you with cube cages might like to know how dangerous they can be. She was a 2lb piggie, around 2 years old. I immediately removed my other 5 piggers from their cube cages, and they are living in Rubbermaid tubs until I can afford to buy or build them safe cages. Please say a prayer for the poor girl, and any suggestions on naming her posthumosly would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless, from Erin in Chattanooga, and the gang, (Max, Emmy, Ike, Tina, Penny, and the dearly departed unnamed pigger girl.)