[Gpdd] HEALTH - Aspirin For Guinea Pigs

Janelle eythel at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 1 18:18:57 EST 2004

Kris,  I think aspirin is fine for guinea pigs.  My Vet asked me if I could give a baby aspirin to my Pepper after she had bladder stone surgery.  Then she said that there was a honey-based liquid (that worked like aspirin) that was just developed for rabbits in England.  My Vet said that rabbits were a much more popular pet in England than here in the U.S.  My Pepper has been on "Metacam" for almost 2 months now because her bladder is so inflamed.  And, of course, aspirin works as an anti-inflammatory drug.  And Pepper just LOVES to lick it off my finger.....it even smells like honey!

Warm wheeks, Janelle