[Gpdd] health: Dental Disease

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 17:24:52 EST 2004

Does anyone know anything about dental disease?

I took my piggies to the vet today for a check up and Lokai is having some dental issues.  (Tribble is large but healthy.  She's a "plus sized" piggie!)  The vet said that it is probably genetic but that the overindulgent diet that I had them on probably exacerbated the problem.  They are both from the same litter but Lokai was the runt and had to be hand fed in her early days.

Lokai will have to go to the vet quarterly to get her teeth checked.  She also got an antibiotic since he had to do some work on her teeth today.

Thanks for any suggestions you can make.  I'm going to hit the health pages now.

Jan
Mom to Tribble and Lokai