[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: My Guinea Pigs when the light goes out

Jason Turning jturning at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 7 02:21:45 EST 2004

Hello all,

I setup a light over the cube cage for the Cavies that's on a timer.
Well I happened to be in the living room when the light went out and the
room became dark. My two little girls came out of their little shelter
and started running around, popcorning as well as grabbing a snack when
they would settle down. It took me a minute for my eyes to adjust, but
they seemed perfectly fine with the darkness right away. I was just in
there for the second time when the light went out, and the very same
behavior showed itself again. Of course, I wonder if all the running
around is simply play, or if they just keep scaring each other in the
dark, :).

--
Jason Turning
E-mail: jturning at att.net