[Gpdd] Throat area lumps(Health)

Debbi Da Silva debbie677 at webtv.net
Thu Jan 8 23:25:30 EST 2004

Hi :) I had 3 piggies that developed an abcess under their throat awhile
back.I watched for it to break (usually the next day)and cleaned the
area with warm water and peroxide and gently swabbed the area to remove
the scab puss .Then applied bacitracin or triple antibiotic ointment. On
one of my piggies I had to use a Q=tip to swab the infection out. The
next 3-4 days I did the same  and the sore was healing. If I saw no
improvement , they would have gone to the vets right away.I also looked
for the cause and realized the cage had an area with a little bit of
rough edges and this was exactly where they beg for veggies and hang
their heads over the sides.They must had gotten scratched and germs set
in.So that was fixed also.I just wanted to share my experience . I was
lucky because they did heal and didn't have to get antibiotics for my
babies.I have 40  piggies to care for and they are all my babies:)!!

  " Have a Good Day" !!    Debbi