[Gpdd] [Housing] C&C cage design..Questions..

Melissa Taylor allcreatures at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 13:38:45 EST 2004

I have three guinea pigs in a two-level cubes and coroplast cage. I think
that whoever made up this design should be commended! :) I hope you've found
a source for the coroplast. I found this to be the trickiest part of the
cage, since the sign stores in my town were wanting to sell the stuff for a
LOT more than it said on the 'net site!

My comment is about having the boar so close. I think he would be very upset
at not being able to reach the females. When I had my first guinea pig as a
little girl, a little friend of mine had a male guinea pig. Sometimes I
would stay over at her house, and I liked to take my pet with me for
sleepovers, since I felt she would be lonely without me. We would place
Violet near his cage, and he would go absolutely crazy trying to get to her!
It made him extremely upset. He also tried to "back up" through the cage. My
feeling is that if your male guinea pig is not netuered, having him so close
to them would probably make him really upset about being so close yet unable
to reach them. And it is possible for guinea pigs to jump and climb, and I
wouldn't be surprised if one day you found him in their section of the cage.

I hope you have a great time making the cage! :)

Melissa, Henna, Roo, and Kiwi