[Gpdd] CARE: Toilet Training

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 09:12:39 EST 2004

Hello Slaves!
Brownie Bear is my 3rd piggie and I have
always toilet trained my piglets. But, since
B-Bear is free-range, it's a whole different
monster, so I'll talked about my Beloved
Amberlea and Brittney Lea first.

Amberlea & B-Lea were not free range. And
they were both solo piggies. I toilet trained
them both in the same way. Everyday, when I
got home from work, of course my pig wanted
to get out of the cage and run and play. So,
I wouldn't let the pig out until she pee'd.
So, during floortime, I would watch the piggie
& the second it looked like she was going to
'relieve herself' on my carpet I would scoop her
up and put her back in her cage. Then, after she
did her business, I would give her a treat as
a reward. And Judi is right, you Have to be
consistent. And you have to watch them pretty
much the whole time cuz our piggies can be
sneaky. So, after about a couple of wheeeeeks,
my piggie knew the drill. And the cool thing
was, when Brittney Lea had to go pee-pee, she
would walk over to her cage and stand by it and
wait for me to come and pick her up and put her
in. When Amberlea had to go pee-pee, she would
walk over to her cage and walk around it (circle
it) until I came over and picked her up and put
her in her cage. Pretty Cool, huh?
Also, I potty-trained both Amberlea and B-Lea
when they were Baby Piglets. I've never tried
to potty-train an older piggie, so I don't know
if the rules are different.

Now, with my Sassy Brownie Bear, she is free range
but for the most part, she is potty-trained too.
When she was a baby, she wasn't free range, so I
potty-trained her in the same manner as my previous
2 piggies. The funny thing about her is that I
could say to her, "Brownie Bear! Go Pee Pee! C'mon
Bear, Go Pee-Pee!" and I point to her cage, and
she'll walk over to her cage, jump in, and do her
business. It's really funny to see. Well, once she
became a full-blown free range piggie, I had to make
some adjustments. She knows where she is supposed
to pee-pee, but she's lazy, so she would occassionally
pee-pee in 'unauthorized' areas. So, I compromised.
Now, I have towels down everywhere she likes to hang
out. And yes, she is allowed to poop or pee anywhere
there is a towel. Now, she is Sassy Little Thing,
so if I piss her off, she will show me who's Boss
and pee right on the carpet in front of me. But,
that's not very common, cuz I try my darnest not
to make her angry. I am Truly a Slave...

        Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeps,
          Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)