[Gpdd] HEALTH: stretch had his surgery

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Tue Jan 20 23:01:00 EST 2004

Hi everyone.  I just want to let you all know that stretch had surgery to
remove the bladder stones today.  He came through the surgery and is now
home and beginning his recuperating.  His new vet is fantastic!  He is still
groggy.  For the first time he has been given some medication for the pain
as well as an antibiotic. (now typing with 1 hand so I can hold him)  my
heart hurts for him.  he looks at me as if confused as to why he feels.  i
bought some pedialyte for him.  the vet said to feed him this and pumpkin
until he starts eating for himself.  i ordered some critical care and was
told i should receive it by friday.  i have never had such an ill piggy.  it
is hard to see him try to move and his rear legs slide out from under him.
his poohs are coming more normal in quantity but the loog dry and/or
stringy.  i am going to cancel every for the next few days to be with him to
help him.

iwas told that he was never to have any alfalfa based pellets or hay
anymore.  the problem is i can't find timothy based pellets locally and am
unable to order it from oxbow until the first of the month.

ihope all other piggies and slaves are well.  i will keep you updated on
stretches condition. thanks to all who emailed me and offered their generous
assistance.

Mary D. (mom to angel and stretch)