[Gpdd] Misc: Re:The Cycle

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 08:24:55 EST 2004

Hello David

I feel like you do too. I never responded to people
and their grief. I still cry with each and every
story. My husband will take a look at me and say
"Another sad pig story?" After a while I would fly
past the post, because I didn't want to cry that day.

I'm getting better at it now. I got so many comforting
e-mails and post on the gpdd when I lost my favorite
pigs. I decided that I would start sending condolences
and accept the deaths as part of the life cycle.

My mother would always say that I wasn't getting any
more animals because I threw such a fit when they
died. I would always talk her into it though. She
would get me another one and say "Now Dawn you know
that it is going to die." She thought that would help
me accept it when it happened,but I'd still cry and be
badly depressed.

It is still very hard for me to loose one of my little
ones, but I try to keep in mind that they will die
sometime. My Mom is still telling me not to get any
more guinea pigs. It's just too sad when they die. I
say it would be too sad without them in my life! I
just try to enjoy and appreciate every moment I have
with them now.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven