[Gpdd] [Behavior] potty training

Meredith Farrelly merrie at bu.edu
Sun Jan 25 21:31:31 EST 2004

Oh, what a time my Cecelia and I are having. . . hooray for potty training!  We are chewing on the newspaper and kicking of all the poopies and generally having a grand old time with it while we pee and poop on the carpet.  Oh, Cecelia.  (I always sing her the Simon and Garfunkel song: "Cecelia, you're breaking my heart. . .")  I think we will have to try a small animal litter box. . .  at any rate, she is loving the freedom of running around on the carpet (she used to be on newspapers in her playpen, so now she has much more room to run).
  I was also wondering how often you all bathe your guinea pigs?  Cecelia has only had one bath in her 5 months, as I am afraid her skin will get too dried out.  Is there anything I can do to prevent dry skin, or anything I could apply if her skin should get too dried out?  Thanks for your help,
  ---Meredith (mom to Cecelia!)