[Gpdd] MISC: A Special Place.....

Takincannon at aol.com Takincannon at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 20:22:18 EST 2004

    When my dearest Fred passed away on January 3, I received private e-mails
of sympathy, as well as others who posted their condolences on the GPDD.  It
was comforting to know that so many cared, but I didn't think any less of
anyone who did not write to me, for I know that this is a Very Special Place, this
GPDD forum, where people read and write about their beloved piggies, and
other special pets, and I know that each and every one of us holds a Special Place
in our hearts for all of our dear "babies" - our own as well as others.
Because if we didn't, we wouldn't be a part of this in the first place.
    I thought it would be hard to continue reading the posts since my little
boy passed on, but I find that it still connects me to all of you in some way,
and gives me hope that some day I will be able to bring another little piggie
into my heart and home.
     Thank you David, Linda, Marion, and others who took a moment to say why
they never or seldom respond to those of us who have lost a beloved piggie,
for just by acknowledging this fact you have made me feel that you have.
     And to Michelle of Maine, thank you for pointing out that we will see or
hear our beloved babies in some way or another, because I have often heard
sounds that only my Fred could make....his little nails clicking on the kitchen
floor to get a treat - I know my big cats do not make "little" noises like
that...and his little happy, chuggly sounds when he would run about the house -
only a sound my boy would make.  I have even spotted the cats looking towards
Fred's favorite spots or sticking their noses in his little hidey boxes that I
cannot bring myself to put away.  I have called his name aloud more than once,
and if he is coming back to make sure that I am OK, then I am going to be OK.

Toni (missing and remembering my beloved Fred...Rest in Peace my Baby)