[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Attracted to Adhesive

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Wed Jan 28 14:28:51 EST 2004

Hi Heather!

Baxter sounds like CocoPuff - he loves to chew on things that aren't on the
'approved food list'!  I've had to take some things away from him that I had
given him to play with, because he insisted on eating them!  I'm not too
sure that plastic is safe for anyone to eat!
When I first put their 'potty box' in a corner of their new 'condo', I lined
it with
heavy plastic, then filled it with their pine shavings.  They delighted in
eating
the plastic!  So I did what any resourceful mom would do - I covered the
edges
with duct tape!  That stopped Snowy, but CocoPuff thought it was a special
treat!  Now I just put a small bit of plastic way underneath, covered with
newspapers, then the shavings.  The plastic worries me.  I found Lil'
Whistle
with a tiny bit of plastic hanging out of his mouth the other day (during
floortime), and had to fight with him to get it away from him!  It was one
of those tiny bits
that have been punched out when they cut the handle part, that just didn't
come
loose until I got it home, and LW found it!  (But put a bit of orange or
banana down, and they'll avoid it at all costs!)
If you catch him with a can of the spray adhesive, look out!
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle