[Gpdd] [Announcement] K.C. is watching over me

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 30 02:45:42 EST 2004

As you may know, K. C. passed a week ago today (thursday).  The day after it
happened, last Friday, I received a message while I was at lunch from this
woman that had offered me a permanent position (I'm in a temporary position
where I currently am). She was upset that I hadn't sent in my paperwork.  I
called and left a message since she wasn't in, that I had mailed all the
papers before christmas but I'll send them in again.  I said I wasn't
feeling well because I had just lost my little boy.  On Tuesday, she called
in the morning and asked what happened to my son.  Seeing where this was
going, I said, my little boy, and her tone drastically changed as she
snickered, 'Oh, I thought you said "son".'  Like anything less than human
wasn't worth the effort.  I was so angry and hurt I was shaking.  She called
me back a few minutes later to tell me that they were retracting their job
offer to me, goodbye.  I quickly asked, may I ask why? and she said, because
it's taking too long. So I said, well, I sent it when you told me to and I
resent it again and I have no control over the mail, but she again said,
it's taking too long.  Basically she said it was my fault that they didn't
get the forms in a timely manner.  I was crushed.  I spoke to my current
boss after that and told him what happened.  He listened to me, then when I
was done, said, 'You don't want to work for a horrible person like that!
You would have been miserable there!  I think that things happen in
mysterious ways.  I think someone was watching over you and lost the papers
on purpose so that you wouldn't have to work for that horrible woman.'  On
the way home, I again mentioned to Michael what my boss had said, 'Someone
must have been watching over you and lost the papers on purpose so that you
wouldn't have to work for that horrible woman.'  Michael then said, 'I think
it was K. C.  Yes, I think K. C. was watching over you and he made sure
those papers got lost.  He wants you to be happy so he made sure you didn't
work there.'  I then got this warm feeling inside and I began to cry because
I knew then and also felt, that K.C. was indeed with me and watching over
me.

Another step tonight.  We went to pick up K. C. from the vet's.  He's in,
what I call, a little tin.  I started crying and crying. I don't accept
things well, so Michael said he thinks I was probably thinking that K. C.
was somewhere and so the next time I saw him, he'd be his hairy, lively
self.  Of course, it wasn't to be.  So now, that's what my next stage is.
It's nice to have K. C. home again, and yet, just not the same.....

K. C. will forever be here in my heart.

mommy corrine and foodman michael