[Gpdd] [Care] Vitiman C and Mulit-Vitimans

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 12:20:29 EDT 2004

Hi April,
Do you have a GNC store in your area.  I know GNC has the chewable 100 mg.  Most pigs love to eat the chewables.  Make sure you cut up the vitamin in 4 pieces, and feed a piece once a day.
It is true that you shouldn't feed your pigs the multi-vitamins.  You may be overdosing on a vitamin and not know it.

Lisa

Hey everyone,
I have two questions that I'm hoping soemone here can answer. The first one is regarding vitiman C. I know that solid vitiman C is better than liquid but I can't seem to find anywhere. I read somewhere that piggies can eat chewable vitiman C tablets that are made for people. Is this true? The second question that I have is reagarding mutlti-vitimans. I recently read someone that multi-vitimans are bad for piggies because the extra vitimans build up and can become toxic. Is this true? I'm very concerend becasue I have been feeding my oldest piggy liquid vitiman c that has some vitimans added for over a year. The only problem is that their is not one place here that sells vitiman in the solid form in this city. I know it sounds hard to believe but I have been to all of the pet stores and stores that sell pet products and all they have is liquid vitiman c or things like yogourt drops. I would really appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thanks!
April, Gus and Bruce.