[Gpdd] Behavior: Re: Aggressive Piggies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 15:53:31 EDT 2004

Hello Slaves!
First, I must apologize for not writing in the
Digest much lately. Everytime I think I'm all
caught up, something happens and I get all
behind again (Sigh!). And I've been so busy
at work lately, I haven't been able to read my
piggie stuff at work.

Nonetheless, I am here now and lately I've
noticed some talk of Aggressive Piggies. I
agree that sometimes the aggressive behavior
could be caused by ailments. Because my
Brownie Bear is Very Aggressive (more so
than any of my piggie boys ever were). And
she used to Bite me all of the time. Well, now
I know that she was biting me and being mean
because she didn't feel well. And before I
started taking her to this Awesome Vet in
Northern Virginia, my local Vets had
misdiagnosed B-Bear with a UTI (but she
really had bladder stones). So, you can imagine
how Crabby she was for a while. Well, since
she was a young piggie at the time, I think
her aggressive behavior became 'normal' for
her.

After the bladder stone removal & spay, B-Bear
has calmed down quite a bit. She's still Sassy
and yes, she will BITE if you get in her way or
piss her off, but she's still my Baby. And I Love
her no matter how many times she leaves 'marks'
on my skin. And now, I know when she's not
feeling well (that's a different kind of BITE). So,
if you do have an Aggressive piggie, he/she may
not be feeling well and maybe a precautionary
trip to the Vet's may be in order.

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)