[Gpdd] (Care) re: Simon Joined the T-Birds

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 13:10:24 EDT 2004

Jackie,
I loved your reference to Grease...it is one of my
favorite musicals! I also have a pig whose grease
gland is a little off whack. Willie is a little over a
year old, and his grease gland is very large. You can
use trial and error to clean the spot, and it seems to
differ from pig to pig what works...I have 5 boars and
the solution has been different for each one--and I
only have one boar who has never had a real problem
with his.
You can use a mild dish soap to clean the spot, and
then bathe the rest of him in whatever you normally
use.  In one of his books, Peter Gurney  says he uses
an industrial type hand degreaser, like what mechanics
use. I haven't really found anything I am comfortable
using, except Simple Green, which is an all-natural
cleaner. Some people don't like the smell, but I do
(smells like sassafras, if you know what that is). I
just spray some on the grease spot and rub it really
well, then bathe the piggy as usual. Sometimes it
takes a few applications if the spot is particularly
stubborn. Which reminds me...I'll be on grease detail
this weekend with Willie and my youngest boar
Pinkerton. Oh, the things we Slaves do for our
piggers...
Hope this helps!
Stacy and the Squee Squad
Gizmo (too old to be a T-Bird anymore), Max (too
clean),
Serendipity, Maxine, Teddy (Pink Ladies), Oscar (the
Eugene of the bunch), Willie (Danny Zuko wannabe) and
Pinkerton (baby T-Bird-in-training)