[Gpdd] (Care) Re: CoCo's Road Trip and Lilly

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 20:59:28 EDT 2004

Meg-You can take CoCo with you on your trip. My
husband and I took the herd (7 at the time) when we
went on vacation in March. We used those travel
carriers, one each. I never noticed them getting sick
at all. They seemed a little scared at first, but then
they settled down and slept most of the way. Just make
sure not to leave CoCo in a hot car--guineas can
suffer heat stroke very easily. And of course, make
sure she has food and water--BTW, if you can, get one
of the water bottles with the spring loaded ball in
the tube. We learned the hard way that water bottles
will leak (a lot) from the motion of the vehicle. Good
luck!

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Lilly. I don't
understand why they didn't give you any pain meds;
everyone else I know who has had their girls spayed
has gotten pain medication.
At least you tried to help her. My condolences to you,
and healing wheeks from my pigs to yours.

Stacy and the Squee Squad