[Gpdd] (Health) Re: bathing & Skin Conditions...and a plea for help

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 16:34:54 EDT 2004

Laura,
Too much bathing can actually cause more skin
problems, since gp'ers have very sensitive skin.  I
have found that bathing with Selsun Blue does help
with itchiness, especially after a case of mites/
mange. The selenium sulfide in it is supposed to have
anti fungal and anti parasitic properties, so that
might help your girl past her mange problem. The only
thing is, I personally don't like the smell. Someone
on the digest said they used the kind with aloe--I may
try that. But I figure I can handle a medicine-y smell
if it makes the piggers feel better.

This is off topic, but I'm sorta taking it upon myself
to ask for anyone who lives in the D.C./ Southern
Maryland area to please, please help out with the
rescue pigs in Hughesville. There were only 3 of us at
the shelter yesterday (and over 260 pigs), and there
were some cages that we didn't get to clean because we
simply ran out of time. I went back this morning
(Sunday) to make sure that everyone was fed and
watered, but I didn't get a chance to clean any more
cages, and that just made me feel icky knowing that
some of the poor babies didn't get a nice clean cage.
Believe me, they are so grateful for a clean living
space, and it's really cute to see them stretch out as
if to say "Ahhhhh!".  There are some real beauties
there, and some of them just beg for attention. If you
can, please help--many hands make light work, and it
is so rewarding to see all those pigs dive into their
hay and popcorn around! It gives me the warm
fuzzies...
okay....I'm done begging : )

Stacy and the Squee Squad
(Gizmo, Max, Serendipity, Maxine, Teddy, Oscar,
Williepig and Pinkerton)